What is a WordPress theme?
A WordPress theme is an alliance of documents including articulations, style sheets, and code that notifies the all-around opinion of your blog or website. Themes can handle something as tremendous as your area’s composition, or as instant as your hyperlink colours. It’s simple to think of a composition as a “skin” for your site, but they are extra powerful than that.
Fortunately, issues are certainly one of WordPress’ extra inherent and useful features; they enable you to personalize your site’s appearance and even comprise additional functionality. In truth, with the proper subject, you could personalize your site on your exact specs with no coding or design experience required.
How to install a WordPress theme?
In case you haven’t selected a subject matter, head over to the WordPress theme listing. It holds legitimate WordPress issues which have been checked and inspected against WordPress subject pointers. They are also unfastened to download.
There are three easy ways to install a WordPress theme on your devices;
First method Purchase new theme:
- First of all, log in to your WordPress dashboard. Then go to the menu and click appearance.
- Now the screen will show the appearance section of your site. If you want to install a new WordPress theme then choose to Add new.
- The option of adding new will occur on the underside of the page.
- To get a new theme, click the feature filter and sort through the theme by colour scheme, layout, features and much more like these. After forming all these, ensure to click Apply filters.
- After choosing a theme according to your desire, click the install button shown on the screen. The theme is installed now.
- The next and final step is to activate the installed theme to make your site start using the newly installed theme instantly.
Second method Installed already purchased the theme (Automatically):
In case, you have already purchased a theme and now you just want to install it automatically on your WordPress site. Then follow the procedure given below;
- Go to the menu and here you get to the appearance section, click Add new and choose the option upload theme.
- The theme folder should be in a zip format. Choose to browse and locate the theme on your device.
- Then click install now. After installing it, simply click activate and then your site will start using the theme.
Method 3 Install Already purchased theme (manually):
Unfortunately, if you are facing an issue with automatic updates or the Admin dashboard doesn’t provide you access then you can manually update your site’s theme.
- You need to upload theme files first. Connect your hosting account with FTP to upload the theme folder to wp_content or theme.
- After uploading, log in to your Bluehost account.
- Click on file manager, choose home directing and submit. A list of files will be displayed on the screen.
- Navigate to the folder you’re uploaded, and select the zip folder.
- Click Extract.
This will unzip the folder and allow WordPress to access the file. Copy the name of the theme folder after extraction.